Do looks matter?
A lot of men think that looks matter.
Why? Because they've trapped their thinking for what is true for women. It's incredibly tough for women, I certainly wouldn't want to be one and I empathise with their situation.
Men do judge on looks first, it's in our nature. We want the most attractive girl in order for our genes to survive longer - it's the brutal truth, it's evolution.
There are a small percentage of women that judge on looks (and even though it's completely hypocritical of us men), do you really want this kind of woman in your life?
In the evolution of women, they were always looking for the physically and mentally strongest to breed with. Physicality doesn't matter so much for survival anymore (although being fat doesn't help), but you don't need to look like Caesar or The Hulk to get a women nowadays.
Now, the attractive woman with very high self esteem is looking for a mentally strong man. If you want her, she'll constantly test you to see if you are consistently congruent with the man she first met.
How might she test you? (Remember, 90% of girls don't consciously TEST)
- She may say she just wants to be friends (even after you've kissed her)
- She'll get annoyed at you for no reason to see how you react (stay calm)
- She'll test if you just want her for sex by outrageously flirting with you and then pulling back
- She'll ignore your text and calls for a little while to see how you react (don't be needy)
- She'll bait you to seek rapport all the time
- She might call you names like, 'sweet' or 'cute' to see if you can handle being put in this kind of friend zone
- She'll flake on dates and give no good reason why (attractive women do this ALL the time)
Different girls test in different ways.
Girls have tested men since they were 6 months old, making grown men cry and they'll continue to test your mental strength always. Though, they will give you a break when you get in a relationship but the first part of getting to know each other you have to expect all this.
You need to be THANKFUL that they do this. If they didn't, men wouldn't learn about themselves and where to improve. Frankly, evolution would be fucked without it.
An attractive man will mature in mental strength with age and this is why older men can have younger girlfriends. They are often more worldly, wise and have had the experiences with women that means that this tests won't affect them so much. You need to go through the pain of these tests, believe me, you'll start to laugh at them after a while - which is what you should do!
In conclusion, looks don't matter so much on the male side of the species. Your attractiveness as a man comes in the consistency of your actions and stay true to who you are in that moment. Don't try to be something you are not, she'll see that. Women look deep into your eyes to see if you give a shit. And if you do give a shit, they'll walk.